PHW Host Tiffany Bucciarelli shares how to “Grill This.. Not That” with CBS 3 Talk Philly Host Ukee Washington. Since Tiffany does not claim to be the master chef on the grill she brought along Jasper Alivia from Cuba Libre to show off his fantastic cooking skills on how you can turn your grilling style into a tasty and healthy meal.
“The best way to get the taste of Summer is to Grill IT and if you Grill IT right it is the best way to stay lean,” says PHW Host Tiffany Bucciarelli.
CLICK any Pic to watch Video!
Chef Jasper Alivia made three alternative dishes that Tiffany agrees to be a much healthier option. All three dish ingredients and special cooking tips from Jasper are below!
“With fish you are getting Omega 3 Fatty acids where in hamburgers and hotdogs you are getting the trans fats,” states Tiffany.
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 4 cloves garlic
· puree in a blender, fold in roughly chopped rosemary (2 tablespoons), enough marinade for 6 swordfish steaks
· can substitute with salmon or other firm fish
· grill for 5-6 minutes per side
Grilled Stone Fruit
· 2 ea peaches, nectarines
· 3 ea plums
· slice in half, remove pit
· brush oil on very hot grill, place fruit on grill, slice side down…do not move!
· allow, 4 minutes, remove plums first, 2 minutes later remove peaches and nectarines
· allow to cool and arrange on a platter
· combine juice of 3 limes and 1 cup of honey, drizzle
· 1 cup red onions/red bell pepper/green bell pepper small dice
· saute until tender
· add in 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
· add 2 cloves finely minced garlic
· cook for 2-3 minutes
· add 4 ripe mangos – medium diced until soft
· add 1/4 cup of cider vinegar, reduce to jam-like consistency (10 minutes)
· salt and pepper to taste
· cool completely
· fold in roughly chopped mint (1/4 cup)
· can be used to accompany grilled chicken or pork tenderloin (or pork chop)